Monday, January 27, 2014

I'm baaaack!

Well it has been a long time!  I've thought many times about this old blog, time just got away from me.  Time, and the fact that I forgot my password did not help either...lol.

 Thanks BB for helping me remember!

For a while now I have been coming to one of my favorite Sbux before work to have ME time.  I have made it a part of my morning routine 4 dayz a week for months.  I love that I know I can go and sit in one of two tables every morning, sit and drink my latte, eat my bagel or sausage sandwich and play my words on Words with Friends or Farm....yes I said Farm. I am addicted to Hay Farm!  Yup. i can admit it, but it relaxes me, gives me time to think of nothing else but growing and collecting coins...lol

My dayz at work tend to be challenging with many client issues, homelessness, mental health issues, physical issues, and addiction issues, so taking 45 mins. to an hour FOUR dayz a week for "me time" has helped me get through some tough days.  

This particular Sbux I like because most if not all the baristas know my name now and have on occasion asked if I was ok when I did not make it one day...a little sad to think that that inquiry can make someones day but it truly can!  So thanks!  

I never thought I would become on of THOSE customers! In my 8 years as a barista at Sbux myself I never once thought that one day I would walk into a store and have THEM know my name, know MY drink! 

          It kind of makes one feel special, if only it lasts for a moment, what may seem like an awful day                               ahead, can be just enough to see your way through....to lunch at least :)

Til next time...have a Sbux kind of day!


C

1 comment:

  1. i am glad that you find time for ME TIME and that a barista can make your day

    ReplyDelete